Arizona Parks and Recreation Fellowship
The mission of the Arizona Parks and Recreation Fellowship (APRF) is to enhance the quality of life of the people of the State of Arizona through the perpetuation, growth, improvement, and strengthening of the role of recreation, leisure and parks in their lives.
The goals of the Arizona Parks and Recreation Fellowship are:
- To encourage parks and recreation students and personnel to enhance their professional growth and engage in research;
- To provide resources to address current needs that will assist communities and organizations in the self-improvement of quality-of-life issues, and;
- To foster public awareness of the importance of mental and physical wellbeing through quality-of-life experiences for all individuals.
Parks and Recreation Development
The Fund provides grants and loans for acquisition, development, consulting services, and demonstration and pilot projects.
The Fellowship promotes efforts that will broaden support for parks and recreation: coalitions on park issues, environmental education and protection projects, mass media campaigns, and development of educational films, printed literature, and displays.
Professional Growth and Scholarships
The Fellowship provides grants for students and professionals. It supports research projects, volunteer training, conferences, workshops, and other professional training opportunities.
We Need Parks and Recreation!
To provide relaxation in our ever-demanding lives, we need recreation in its truest sense: activity that re-creates us, that revives and
- Augmenting and enhancing community activities.
- Encouraging family participation.
- Promoting economic vitality.
- Working to develop integrated and accessible leisure services.
- Enhancing the quality of life in the community.
Enthusiastic support from the community and from APRA members has enabled the Fellowship to initiate programs in rural recreation and professional growth. This is just a beginning. To improve and expand, our parks need your help.
You Can Help!
Make a Tax-deductible Donation, or Contribute to a Grant or Endowment. Tax-deductible contributions to the Fellowship can take many forms and be any size. Parks and recreation programs throughout the state have many needs. Call us with your ideas! Your contributions can:
- Fund specific projects, programs or purchases.
- Enhance the scope and strength of the Fund.
- Provide program start-up funds.
- Establish or enhance scholarships for an institution, program, category or career field.
- Support professional training opportunities by subsidizing national and international training programs, conventions, meetings or seminars.
- Provide help for rural recreation, Many rural areas in Arizona have few or no available organized recreation opportunities.
- You can help develop new programs in underserved areas, expand existing programs, purchase new equipment and provide assistance for training in program administration.
Give with a Bequest
Planned giving offers benefits to you and the Fellowship. Bequests can be made to the primary endowment, to a community, or to any project benefiting parks and recreation: a memorial Project, a scholarship, or the preservation or restoration of a special place.
Parks and Recreation Programs Need You! Be a volunteer leader, follower, helper, teacher, observer, caretaker, supervisor, assistant, driver – be a participant in a program that is important to you!
The Arizona Parks and Recreation Fellowship Board guides the administration of the Fund.