You Got Class?
The Do's and Don'ts of Leisure Classes
Panel discussion format with representatives from all of the southern Arizona agencies. This program will provide attendees exposure to the leaders In the field of Leisure Class programming. The facilitator will guide the panelist through a series of questions pertaining to Leisure and Special interest Classes. Attendees will be encouraged to ask questions or add feedback for each topic discussed. Download Flyer Here -
1.) Discuss organizational approach Leisure Classes
2.) What registration software system do you use (pros vs cons)?
3.) How do you market your classes?
4.) How do you calculate leisure class fees, formulas, supply cost, etc.? How do you compensate your instructors? Staff, contract, etc.
5.) What is your cancellation policy? What policy in your organization causes the most issues?
Panelist will present their guides, flyers, posters, forms, etc., to the attendees with a brief explanation. All sample materials to be left on a designated table for attendees to review and take with them if they desire.
.2 CEUs can be earned from this session.
Speakers on Panel
- City of Sierra Vista - Marita Helbig, Recreation Coordinator
- City of Tucson - Lisa Sommer, Recreation Supervisor
- Green Valley Recreation, Inc - Kris Zubicki, Senior Recreation Supervisor/Classes and Tours
- Pima County Natural Resources, Parks and Recreation - Grant Bourguet, Recreation Program Manager
- Town of Marana Corey Larriva -Recreation Superintendent
- Town of Oro Valley· Kevin Marts, Community and Recreation Center Facility Manager
- Town of Sahuarita - Adelina Martin, Recreation Programs Administrator
QUESTIONS: Contact the event coordinators
Ron Odell - Ron.Odell@pima.gov
Kris Zubicki - firstname.lastname@example.org