The National Recreation and Park Association offers the industry-leading certification program in playground safety, the Certified Playground Safety Inspector (CPSI) certification program. The CPSI certification program provides the most comprehensive and up-to-date training on playground safety issues including hazard identification, equipment specifications, surfacing requirements and risk management methods.
Safety protocols will be reinstated IF recommended by the CDC based on county rates of transmission one week prior to the course. Participants will only be notified via email should the rates of transmission warrant.
CLOSING FRIDAY, MAY 12TH
Sponsorship provided by
COURSE DETAILS (8:00AM - 5:00PM WEDNESDAY/THURSDAY)
- Course Materials (Course Manual & Field Guide) will ship to candidates 3-4 weeks prior to the start of the course. It is critical that the address you provide is correct when entered.
- Additional content listed will be sent to candidates via email
Exam Content Outline
CPSI Candidate Handbook (pre-reading assignments required)
- Please register with the name as it appears on your driver's license to avoid issues confirmimg your identiy the day of the national exam
- The course is pre-approved for 1.5 CEUs
- Snacks and lunches provided on Wednesday and Thursday - neither on exam day
EXAM DAY DETAILS (8:00AM - 11:15AM FRIDAY)
- Two (2) forms of ID are REQUIRED to take the exam
- Leave all food/drinks, study materials and cell phones secured in your vehicle
8:00AM - 9:00AM Check In
9:00AM - 9:15AM Exam Instruction
9:15AM - 11:15AM 2-Hour Certification Exam
The option to take the CPSI exam via computer-based testing is available through the NRPA. To obtain additional information please visit www.nrpa.org/cpsi Be advised if you register to take the examination with the course, you will not receive a refund to take your exam via computer based testing at a later date. Please decide now if you would like to take the exam on Day 3 of the course or via a computer-based exam at a later date.
Important Registration Information:
CPSI requires course materials are mailed 3-4 weeks in advance of the course to allow participants time to complete the pre-reading assignments prior to attending.
As a result, the deadline to register or make changes to an existing registration, including transfers and refund requests, must be made on or before the 45th day prior to the course start date.
All refunds are subject to a 25% administrative fee.
No shows and last minute cancellations forfeit all paid registrations and/or are responsible for full payment of registration. APRA is required to provide a guaranteed number of participants in advance and must adhere to national deadlines.