This is the third Emerging Leaders Workshop to be hosted by the APRA Administrators Branch in 2012.
The Emerging Leaders Workshop will be held at the City of Flagstaff Aquaplex. Thank you to the City of Flagstaff for their support of this program!
THANK YOU To Our Event Sponsors:
About our Presenter...
Todd Davis has perfected the heART of FUN to help people restore the value of TEAM, renew relationships and find fun and balance at and away from work.
35 years in the Field of Recreation. 29 years a visionary business owner of corporate recreation and team building.
The Fun Coach
Team Play Event Solutions Inc.
7:45-8:30 AM Check in and onsite registration
8:30-8:45 AM Opening Administrators Branch Chair Welcome/Remarks
8:45-10:00 AM Session I (0.1 CEU)
Facilitating a Group Discussion “overcoming meeting boredom”
1. Speaking to an audience: This interactive experience will help you discover how to get involvement from a large audience as you speak to them. It will also reveal how important it is to break audiences down into smaller groups for discussion.
2. Table Brainstorm: How to lead a “popcorn” approach to communication on a topic and then evaluate the pros and cons to this approach.
3. Table Talk Discussions: Learn how to get everyone involved through a process that balances talkers and thinkers to get 100% involvement.
10:15-11:30 AM Session II (0.1 CEU)
Reaching A Group Consensus “It’s not just MY WAY it’s OUR WAY”
1. Identifying Opportunities: Through Table Talk how to move into solutions and consensus on what was discussed.
2. Ranking Opportunities: Getting input on what the group felt was most important and then seeing a “whole” approach vs. numerical value.
3. Table Talk Agreement: Sharing opportunities then getting the team to agree on roles & goals moving forward.
11:30-12:30 PM Lunch
12:45-2:00 PM Session III (0.1 CEU)
Leading through Guiding “Let’s get there TOGETHER”
1. Balanced Leadership: Your leadership style needs tasks (to dos) and relationships (people matter) in order to get involvement and team buy in!
2. Build value in time spent: Overcome saying “thank you for your time I know you are very busy” and get value in the time spent meeting and planning.
3. Begin with the End in Mind: But don’t tell them exactly what you want ask them how they can help achieve the goal you intend on leading them towards.
2:00-3:15 PM Session IV (0.1 CEU)
TEAM UP “Connecting the Together in TEAM”
1. Together Everyone Achieves More: The best acronym of why people are called to work in a team, yet how to bring back the emotion of “Together”.
2. THE FUN Factor: Three parts to a healthy team is Friendship, Unity and Needs met. Discover how you can bring the FUN Factor to people at work.
3. Inspiring the “I” in Team: A team isn’t a team without a collection of Individuals who are committed to a common goal. Discover how to “get individual” commitment to communication, cooperation and collaboration.
3:15-3:30 PM Closing Administrators Branch Chair remarks
Total CEU’s available = 0.4
*Final learning outcomes may differ slightly from initial agenda
**No refunds after October 19, 2012.
View Larger Map